Reed Heidenreich is a self-proclaimed oenophile turned author. His decade-long journey exploring vineyards across the globe inspired him to impart his passion for wine through the written word. Reed's pieces are a compilation of intriguing anecdotes from various wine regions and beneficial advice for fellow wine connoisseurs.
Hey there, wine lover! Looking for some delicious sweet red wines that won't break the bank? I've got you covered! Whether you're hosting a dinner party, celebrating a special occasion, or simply unwinding after a long day, these recommended sweet red wines under $20 are sure to satisfy your taste buds without emptying your wallet.
1. Moscato: If you have a sweet tooth, Moscato is the way to go. This light and fruity wine is known for its aromatic flavors of peach, apricot, and orange blossom. It pairs perfectly with desserts or can be enjoyed on its own. Look for brands like Barefoot or Yellow Tail for affordable options.
2. Lambrusco: Hailing from Italy, Lambrusco is a sparkling red wine that offers a delightful combination of sweetness and fizz. With its vibrant flavors of blackberry, cherry, and violet, it's a great choice for casual gatherings or as an aperitif. Riunite and Cleto Chiarli are popular and budget-friendly options.
3. Red Blend: A red blend is a versatile choice that combines different grape varieties to create a harmonious and flavorful wine. Look for blends that include grapes like Zinfandel, Merlot, or Syrah. These wines often boast rich fruit flavors, such as blackberry, plum, and cherry. Apothic Red and 14 Hands Hot to Trot Red Blend are excellent choices that won't break the bank.
4. Malbec: Originating from Argentina, Malbec is a medium-bodied red wine with a touch of sweetness. It offers flavors of blackberry, plum, and dark chocolate, making it a perfect companion for grilled meats or hearty dishes. Trapiche and Alamos are reliable brands that offer great value for money.
5. Shiraz: Shiraz, also known as Syrah, is a bold and full-bodied red wine with a hint of sweetness. It showcases flavors of blackberry, black pepper, and smoky notes. This wine pairs wonderfully with barbecued meats or spicy dishes. Look for brands like Jacob's Creek or Yellow Tail for affordable options.
Remember, these are just a few recommendations to get you started on your sweet red wine journey. Don't be afraid to explore different brands and regions to find your personal favorites. And if you want to learn more about wine types, food pairings, or even how to open a wine bottle without a corkscrew, be sure to check out Tasty Glass for more helpful tips and information.
Cheers to finding delicious sweet red wines under $20 that won't break the bank!