🍝 Spaghetti Bolognese with a Splash of Red Wine
Spaghetti Bolognese with a Splash of Red Wine
You will need:
- 500g of spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 500g of ground beef
- 800g of canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of Tasty Glass red wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- First, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package instructions until it is al dente. This means it should be firm when bitten.
- In the meantime, heat a large pan over medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil, then add the finely chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté these until the onion becomes translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Next, add the ground beef to the pan with the onions and garlic. Break it up with a spoon and cook until it is fully browned and no pink remains.
- Now, pour in the canned diced tomatoes and the Tasty Glass red wine. The wine will add a rich depth of flavor to the sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Allow it to simmer over low heat until it thickens, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the spaghetti is done, drain it well. Then, toss it directly into the pan with the Bolognese sauce, ensuring every strand is coated.
- Finally, serve the spaghetti Bolognese hot, with a generous sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!
Feel free to adjust the amount of wine to your liking. Just remember, the alcohol will cook off, leaving only the flavor behind.
There's something truly magical about a well-prepared Spaghetti Bolognese. The rich, hearty flavors of the sauce, the perfectly cooked pasta, and the final sprinkle of Parmesan cheese create a symphony of tastes that is hard to resist. But do you know what can make this classic dish even more special? A splash of red wine from Tasty Glass!
Adding red wine to your Bolognese sauce not only enhances its flavor but also adds a layer of complexity that makes this dish truly stand out. The wine's acidity helps balance the richness of the meat and tomatoes while its fruity notes provide a delightful contrast. And don't worry, the alcohol will cook off during the simmering process, leaving behind only the wine's delicious flavor. Here are some more tips on how to make your Bolognese sauce taste even better.
But why stop at Bolognese? Red wine can be a great addition to many other pasta sauces. For instance, you can try adding it to a spicy Arrabbiata sauce for a unique twist. Check out this review of Rao's Arrabbiata sauce to get some inspiration.
Of course, not all pasta sauces need to be meat-based. If you're looking for vegetarian or vegan options, we've got you covered. There are many delicious recipes for vegan spaghetti sauces and spicy vegetarian pasta that you can try. And yes, you can add a splash of red wine to these sauces too!
So, whether you're a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, don't be afraid to experiment with your recipes. Adding a touch of red wine to your pasta sauce might just be the secret ingredient you've been looking for. And remember, the best wines for cooking are the ones you enjoy drinking, so choose a bottle from Tasty Glass that you love.
Happy cooking and bon appétit!